Featured Image: Inside Scoop SF
Instagram is the place to go to see millions of food pics, each one with the same group of hashtags like #yummy, #foodporn, and #instayum. This is why going to Instagram is now like reading an in-depth food review in the 80’s. The users can map out the restaurants for you, and you can decide what you want to order before you even enter the establishment.
If you’re headed to the Windy City and want to know where the locals eat, head to Instagram and check out the pages with the best looking grub. You’ll want to hit these 5 pages pronto!
1. @ChicagoFoodAuthority – Instagrammer Samantha Roby has an unending appetite for all things food, from donut shops to high end dining. She also has a blog where you can read up on her food adventures. Her photographs are gorgeous and well edited, and she has opened our eyes to the #deliciousness that is Stan’s Donuts and Coffee.
2. @ChicagoFoodScene – Visit this page to find every manner of comfort food ever served in Chicago! They’ve visited top-rated destinations and have a fondness for food trucks like Tamale Spaceship. Also find them on twitter at @chgofoodscene
3. @ChicagoFoodGirl – According this to Instagram page, Mina Im is a “champagne connoisseur” and “lover of art, food, fashion” and more. On her accompanying site, this self-described “food loving fashionista” includes delicious-looking recipes along with her dining recommendations.
4. @NathanMichaelis – Photographer Nathan Michael takes gorgeous photo in Chicago and beyond. Sometimes he eats and when he does, he takes a stunning photo of his dish. Follow him on Instagram and Twitter, and fall in love one frame at a time.
5. @ChiFoodista – This Instagram account features some amazing journeys in vegetarian eating in and around Chicago, as well as Thailand, Dubai, and beyond. It’s only 6 months old, but we’re already fans of the #vegetarian foodie behind this account. Follow @Chifoodista and feel instantly healthy and well-traveled!